01. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
I wanted to own a store with LOTS of lipstick.
02. What was your first job?
Babysitting for 3 kids all day everyday monday thru Friday. I quickly convinced my Mom and the owners of Creme de la Creme to hire me even though I was only 15!
03. What do you like to do in your free time?
Now that I started flying again, I love to travel. Spending time with Family and Friends is the best.
04. What's the best advice you've ever received?
When people show you who they are believe them!!
05. How long have you been in business and how did you get started?
This is my 27 Summer in the Business. I got started as a receptionist to a makeup artist, to skin care expert, then to an Aesthetician. Each time I learned more about the business. At 19 I opened my own business inside Classic Salon. Alexandra's Classic Faces. (original huh?) From there I opened a little retail Boutique also inside Classic Salon. Then I bought Classic Salon. While owning that my Husband Joe and I opened The MakeUp Bar over 11 years ago.
06. Why do you choose to operate your business in Oklahoma as opposed to somewhere else?
What's not to love about Oklahoma?? I grew up here and to see this town turn into a viable and hip city has been magical. We offer so much and have maintained, I think that small town feel. I'm proud to be an Oklahoman business Woman!!
07. Why do you think its important to keep it local?
You have to practice what you preach. I want to do my part to keep most of what I do, whether it's shopping, eating, or playing, in the local market. I really want others to do the same with us as well. I can't expect it if I don't practice it. Besides that who doesn't love to walk into a place that knows everybody's name?
08. What locally owned business (other than your own) could you not live without?
I LOVE Blue Seven, Gretta Sloane, Deep Fork, Cheever's, Gil's, Wood Garden, The Learning Tree, Full Circle, Spiral Beadery, West...shall I go on???
09. Our Facebook fans want to know: What is it that sets you apart from the national chains and promotes loyal, repeat customers?
Friendly service. Let's face it, we are located near a neighborhood that has lots of oppurtunities for customers with HUGE budgets.. But the truth is, there are lots of working joes like myself and I really truly appreciate the client that has a small budget but she chooses to shop with us. That's loyalty and that is in short supply these days!!
10. Our Twitter followers want to know: What drives you to keep doing what you do?
I love what I do!!! I love that even though I may not know it every time, I get to touch people's lives in ways I don't even realize. And really they touch me too and teach me lots about life. To help someone feel better or look better is an amazing thing to get to do ever. And I get to do it almost everyday. How Lucky am I?